Wednesday 13 April 2016

Sharing our IPs by Reuben and Cooper

Today the whole syndicate gathered together in P1 to share some of the student's Interest Projects. Korban started off with a magnificent project about Mohammad Ali. He used Book Creator to present his project. He had a lot of information and some really good quotes.
The other presenters were:
Riley - Martin Crowe
Cooper - Jim Henson
Reuben - Michael Jackson
Amber - Hannah (her sister)
Emily - Sir Edmond Hillary
Kaizen - Mr K!
Kaylee - Miss Harris
Willow - Mr Willis
Eti - Martin Luther King Jr
Bryson and Connor - Sir Edmund Hillary

It was great to see that people chose lots of different ways to present (both digital and non-digital). Some of the different apps that were used for the digital presentations were iMovie, Book Creator, Explain Everything, Green Screen and Pic Collage.  For the non-digital presentations we had some colourful posters and big books.




We think that the sharing stage is really important because we all got to see what others had been researching and we learnt lots of new stuff!  It also gave us ideas about what we need to focus on for our next project.

"I enjoyed doing my Interest Project because it was about Jim Henson and I like puppets. My favourite part of doing it was presenting my iMovie to everyone. I like speaking to the audience! The most difficult part for me was probably researching the stuff because I couldn't find the answers to some of my questions"       
Cooper

"My IP was about Michael Jackson and the reason I chose him was because I like his music and got into him last year and thought it would be a good IP to do - to find out about his music, charity work and family. Finding the information and writing the information into Docs was probably the easiest part of the process but took the longest time. I really liked putting the presentation together because I used some special effects and a green screen"
Reuben

Badge Winners


After the presentations the teachers awarded 'Creative' 'Connected' 'Curious' 'Courageous' and 'Caring' badges to some of the students!  Congratulations everyone!


By Reuben and Cooper!



10 comments:

  1. Good job everyone! It was great to see what people had been up to in IP workshops on Thursday!
    I really liked the presentations. They were filled up with great information and cool pictures that related to their IP's!

    Also well done to the digital badge winners! It was great to see people being 'Courageous' 'Curious' 'Connected' 'Creative' and 'Caring'
    Congratulations everybody!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every body did a good job with there ip's,even if they didn't share to the syndicate.from Cooper.

      Delete
    2. Good job every body we all did well

      Delete
  2. good job everyone for getting a badge and for sharing there first or second ip and good job stella for getting a courageous badge

    ReplyDelete
  3. good job everyone for sharing there first or second ip and good job stella for getting a courageous badge

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was a great opitunity to see everyone's heroes for there ip. It was nerve racking when I shared mine but I got use to it. I also got my courageous badge and well done to everyone who got their badges I can't wait till the next one

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done to the people who got the badge and well done Reuben and Korban for being courageous enough to share their I.Ps to the Te Harakeke:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done everyone again.All your ip's were awesome!

    Also,if you got a badge,well done two.From cooper.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done everyone again.All your ip's were awesome!

    Also,if you got a badge,well done two.From cooper.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done R14 it's great to see that people have gotten better from last year.

    ReplyDelete